We appreciate the trust our patients place in our Joint Replacement Team. Our goal is to provide you with an excellent outcome and patient experience by partnering with you before surgery, during your hospitalization and rehabilitation, and long after you go home. We measure our clinical and quality outcomes against national benchmarks to assure we are providing the highest quality care to our patients.
Our Continuum of Care Makes the Process Seamless By Providing:
- A Program Director serving as a single point of contact
- Pre-op process with all appointments, teaching and testing scheduled on same day
- Discharge planning completed prior to surgery
- Equipment needs and arrangements made prior to discharge
- Coordination of post-discharge services
- Continuum of rehabilitation services
- The only Post Rehab Joint Replacement Exercise Program in the region
Unique Features Create Better Outcomes
- We host monthly seminars on arthritis and joint replacement taught by our surgeons. We focus on the basics of osteoarthritis, operative and nonoperative solutions for treating joint pain and new innovations in joint replacement surgery that are making recovery easier than ever before. We finish with an extended question-and-answer period to address any specific concerns that participants may have. Tours of the dedicated joint replacement unit are offered.
- Patients are encouraged to choose a coach to accompany them beginning with orientation all the way through discharge form the hospital. Research has shown that an effective coach contributes to shorter hospital stay, increased patient satisfaction, and greater likelihood of being discharged directly home.
- We set up pre-op visits scheduled all in the same day with surgical nursing, physical therapy, case management, anesthesia combined with an orientation class that prepares our patients and coaches, alleviates anxiety and allows for individualized care planning in advance of surgery.
- Our dedicated teams in the operating room, on the dedicated joint replacement unit and in rehab therapies assure a high degree of expertise and continuity.
- Our outcomes are measured against national benchmarks.
Partnership Continues After Discharge
- Discharge summaries to referring/primary care physician to enhance continuity of care
- Post-discharge phone calls to answer any remaining questions
- Annual patient reunion picnic to share success stories and celebrate the return to a more active lifestyle
Click here to view 2016 outcomes and patient satisfaction data for CMC.